So last June, I started a new job! It’s near my house and the schedule is pretty flexible so I’m pretty happy about those two things. I’m part of a marketing team for a Nigerian medical care company called Me Cure and we’re mostly doing social marketing and e-commerce. I’m learning a lot about marketing and how to use social media as marketing, and I do some design work for the company too. I have great coworkers who are warm and welcoming and it’s a pretty great work environment.
But design-wise, it’s almost nil, so I kicked my butt into gear and created a podcast with one of my good friends Sowmya! We’re called the We’re The Worst (Sarcasm Implied) podcast, and we have two episodes as of this moment! We just goof around and record a podcast! It’s really fun, and it’s helping me out of my creativity block. It’s also one of my resolutions so I’m extra glad that we got to do this!
Here are some of the designs I made for the podcast.
So from yesterday’s post, I’ll do this year’s resolutions first.
So, I’ve added these resolutions from last year, which are:
- At least 1 unassisted pull up
- 10 min mile
And these are slightly changed, but still kind of from last year’s list:
- Read at least 27 books – So I’ve decided every year I’ll try and read my age number in books, so I’ll be 27 this year, and I want to try to read 27 books!
- Inspiration! Blogging? Podcast? Vlogging? – This is literally the way I have it down, and it’s edited from “Blog more” from last year. I added podcast and vlogging from last year because I felt like those require more creativity than just surfing for creative inspiration. I also wanted an excuse to learn new skills, like audio and video editing. I actually have started a podcast already, but I’ll make (yet another) separate post about it. For now, I’ll add that I want to blog at least twice a week so I’ll have over 100 posts this year by the end of the year.
And these are entirely new goals:
- Cook more – I hate and suck at cooking, but I want to try to make a new recipe every week and hopefully I’ll gain some skills that way.
- Hike every other week – My friend Julie and I hiked a little bit at the end of the year, and we said we’d try and do this for the entirety of this year.
- Greece! – Technically not a goal, just something that I am definitely going to do and I wanted on my resolution list. Ever since I went to Europe after my senior year of high school, my mom has been reminding me that she wants us to go to Greece together as soon as I got a real job. And, lo-and-behold, I have a real job, so we get to go at the end of this year!
And those are my resolutions for this year. I want to update soon, so there might be more than 2 blog posts this week! Carmen out!
Phew! Summarizing a year is something that’s really hard to do, especially when one of your resolutions was to blog more. …Oops! I came back and didn’t like the old theme, so I changed it again. New year, new layout!
It’s another long post, so under the cut, I talk about my resolutions from 2014, my various trips, and what I’ve learned.
Today, the world lost a visionary; Steve Jobs, former CEO and co-founder of Apple, lost his battle with cancer.
Last night, my mom and I were discussing what I should spend my first couple of pay checks on, and for me, no doubt, it was always going to be a Mac computer.
My love affair with Apple is a relatively short one.
I read a lot of webcomics, and a lot of it is just really cute animals doing nonsensical stuff. Let me share some of my favoutites with you!
||Beaver and Steve: This one is an oldie, as it was put on an “indefinite hiatus” a couple years ago. Beaver is obviously the beaver, and Steve is the adorable spiky dinosaur! They get into hijinks and it’s just really cute.
|Everyday Cute: More cute cats. Starring Pusheen (the grey striped kitty) and Carmen (the golden-coloured dog) as well as their owners, these cute critters have .gifs, plushies, and loads of comics to entertain anyone.
||Kawaii Not: This adorable webcomic shows cute things and their un-cute side, which is just equally as cute. I really loved this comic a couple years ago, lost track of it, and refound my love for it this year. It’s awesome!
|Silent Kimbly: Another webcomic that’s on indefinite hiatus. A really cute comic which stars a monster (I think?) and his friends, and there are just a ton of wordplay and puns, which I will always love.
That’s it for now! Do you have any favourite webcomics of your own? (Uhh, SFW webcomics, that is.)