I will admit this is a scheduled post; I’m probably off having dinner with Taylor right now at La Fondue in Saratoga. It’s really good, but fondue’s not really my thing. I’ll share what I bought Taylor for Valentine’s this year!
So I got him the Fiasco booklet and two different colored sets of 12 dice (d6). He has a lot of d6’s already, I think, but I didn’t know how to ask if they’re all the same color, so I just got him more. Whatever. I also got him Batman cufflinks because we’ve been playing the Arkham series together. I was actually going to get Arkham Origins or Knight but I couldn’t tell if he already had it or not… Lastly, I got him some cookies and cream candies because it’s his favourite candy. :)
Finally, here’s the card I got him: I Love Your Stupid Face by Emily McDowell :)
I didn’t get him anything last year so I hope this makes up for it!
This week has been a stupidly long week.
My great-uncle, Judson Chu, passed away on in his sleep between Sunday night and Monday morning. He was a US Vetern, and he, along with my great-aunt (who passed away in mid-2013), was the main reason my family was able to immigrate from China. For this I am eternally grateful. He was close to his 92nd birthday, so he lived a good, long life; we will just have to celebrate his life for him this weekend.
Because his funeral is this weekend, I cancelled my plans which was stressful because I wanted to sell the tickets I had, but eventually I gave up and stopped caring about the money.
I also just found out my trainer, who I’ve been with since mid-2011, is moving onto a better job and while I’m happy for him, I feel like I’m losing a good friend.
A good friend of mine told me a harrowing story about one of her friends and I don’t want to post any details, but it reminded me of my dear brother; I haven’t had time to visit him as often as I would like.
On top of all that, work has been so busy this week; my coworker and I have been working on templates and color stories all week.
I feel like I could sleep for all of next week and still not have enough rest.
I’m going to end on a good note though, so I’ll add that I got lunch with my boyfriend today and I treated myself to some cotton candy limeade!
Doesn’t cotton candy just make everything better?
Here’s my big crochet post for all the things I made in 2014!
| I made this for a friend, Stef, who was moving away at the end of April. She loves elephants!
Going Away elephant
| I made two of these for two friends who graduated in mid-May. I don’t have a picture of the second bear which is a shame!
The rest are under here; there’s 19 more!
So last June, I started a new job! It’s near my house and the schedule is pretty flexible so I’m pretty happy about those two things. I’m part of a marketing team for a Nigerian medical care company called Me Cure and we’re mostly doing social marketing and e-commerce. I’m learning a lot about marketing and how to use social media as marketing, and I do some design work for the company too. I have great coworkers who are warm and welcoming and it’s a pretty great work environment.
But design-wise, it’s almost nil, so I kicked my butt into gear and created a podcast with one of my good friends Sowmya! We’re called the We’re The Worst (Sarcasm Implied) podcast, and we have two episodes as of this moment! We just goof around and record a podcast! It’s really fun, and it’s helping me out of my creativity block. It’s also one of my resolutions so I’m extra glad that we got to do this!
Here are some of the designs I made for the podcast.
So from yesterday’s post, I’ll do this year’s resolutions first.
So, I’ve added these resolutions from last year, which are:
- At least 1 unassisted pull up
- 10 min mile
And these are slightly changed, but still kind of from last year’s list:
- Read at least 27 books – So I’ve decided every year I’ll try and read my age number in books, so I’ll be 27 this year, and I want to try to read 27 books!
- Inspiration! Blogging? Podcast? Vlogging? – This is literally the way I have it down, and it’s edited from “Blog more” from last year. I added podcast and vlogging from last year because I felt like those require more creativity than just surfing for creative inspiration. I also wanted an excuse to learn new skills, like audio and video editing. I actually have started a podcast already, but I’ll make (yet another) separate post about it. For now, I’ll add that I want to blog at least twice a week so I’ll have over 100 posts this year by the end of the year.
And these are entirely new goals:
- Cook more – I hate and suck at cooking, but I want to try to make a new recipe every week and hopefully I’ll gain some skills that way.
- Hike every other week – My friend Julie and I hiked a little bit at the end of the year, and we said we’d try and do this for the entirety of this year.
- Greece! – Technically not a goal, just something that I am definitely going to do and I wanted on my resolution list. Ever since I went to Europe after my senior year of high school, my mom has been reminding me that she wants us to go to Greece together as soon as I got a real job. And, lo-and-behold, I have a real job, so we get to go at the end of this year!
And those are my resolutions for this year. I want to update soon, so there might be more than 2 blog posts this week! Carmen out!