Over the past couple of years, I went from “sometimes putting eyeliner and lipstick on” to learning how to take care of your skin and how to do that with makeup. I just wanted to share the love for all things beauty and skin-care related. Let me know what you think!
Today, I want to share my pre- and post-makeup routine!
- As soon as I get out of bed, I try to wash my face with a cleanser. Right now, I’m using BareMinerals’ Clay Chameleon Transforming Purifying Cleanser. I love this so much, I only hate that it’s kinda expensive for how much you get because I would get it all the time. It smells nice and fruity and it goes on super creamy but then turns white when you massage it into your skin. I used it up really quickly though, maybe like two, three months maximum, and I’m just using like a quarter-size dollop twice a day (at night too, but we’ll get to that). I really only bought this because the sales lady said it was like a mask, which, I guess it kinda goes on like a mask, that’s true. I still really like it.
- Right after the cleanser, I go for a nice toner. I usually use witch hazel, but since I got the BareMinerals cleanser, I also got a toner. In this case, I got the BareMinerals Skinlongevity Vital Power Infusion and oh my god did it cut a hole in my wallet. Super pricey, but I really do love the smell (also fruity!). I wouldn’t rave about this as much as the cleanser. The instructions say two pumps, but sometimes I can get away with one pump of the serum. However, I really do love this packaging. It’s so pretty, I want to try to see if I can reuse it after, maybe I’ll put some witch hazel in there when I’m done and I’ll see if that works. Might be too watery.
- After the toner drys, I moisturize! Moisturize me, moisturize me! Right now I’m using Jason Gluten Free Facial Creme. I will say that I think gluten will only hurt you if you swallow it, even if you have Celiac’s disease, but I’m not a doctor or a dermatologist, so. I will say I love this creme when I tried it out, so I’m not complaining!
- Alright, after I take my makeup off (I use coconut oil and a face towel), I use the same cleanser and toner as I do in the morning. But then, I use this lovely eye cream on the eye area by Nourish Organic. I got a sample from Ipsy and it was called “Renewing Eye Cream” when I received it, but it looks like now it’s called Rewnewing + Cooling Eye Treatment Cream. Anyways, the smell is interesting, kinda reminds me of an old Aveeno product I used as a kid. Grain-y maybe? Anyway, I use just a little bit and it really moisturizes my eyes. Love it.
- At the same time, I use this sample of Balance Me Congested Skin Serum that I got from Birchbox on my little blemishes and pimples. I love the way it smells; it’s a very light gingery smell and it doesn’t linger, if ginger isn’t your thing.
- Then right before bed, I use this Avon Anew Reversalist Complete Renewal Night Cream as a moisturizer. Really thick, with a lovely smell, this moisturizer makes me feel like my skin is locked in for the night. I needed a night cream, and at the same time, my then-coworker became an Avon lady, so it all kinda worked out. Pretty fond of the smell and the packaging is super cute. Love it!
That’s my daily routine right now! I just ran out of an exfoliant not too long ago, so I’m looking to replace it. If you have any suggestions for an exfoliant, or if you have any comments about my daily routine, let me know!