Over the past couple of years, I went from “sometimes putting eyeliner and lipstick on” to learning how to take care of your skin and how to do that with makeup. I just wanted to share the love for all things beauty and skin-care related. Let me know what you think!
Today I’m going to share the foundations I own and use, and some foundations that are on my wishlist! I’m not a huge fan of foundation. If I don’t have to wear it, I’d probably skip it entirely. From when I first started wearing make up in high school, I’ve pretty much disliked having a layer of foundation on my skin. But maybe now I’m just used to it? Anyway, on to my lists!
- BareMinerals Matte Powder Foundation – I’ve used this foundation for years and it’s one of my favourites because I just love BareMinerals so much and I don’t know, I just really like the light coverage it provides and wearing this by itself doesn’t make me feel like I’m wearing a layer of foundation. Plus, because it’s a matte foundation, I feel like I’m not as oily with this on.
- Elf Flawless Finish Foundation – I bought this on an impulse buy when I was at Walmart, because it was the first time I saw it, and I got excited because everything else I wanted to check out at Walmart was raided. (Literally, so many things were opened and stolen, it was a makeup graveyard.) The feel is fine, I think it’s medium to full coverage, the only thing I hate about this is the smell. If it didn’t have this weird, soapy smell, I don’t think I would’ve thought about getting another liquid foundation so quickly. I wore it once by itself (well, with non-scented primer) and I could smell it all day. However, nowadays, I mix it in with a light moisturizer or lotion hanging around, and I can’t smell it at all, and the lotion scent goes away after a while.
- Maybelline Instant Rewind Radiant Firming Makeup – Now, I bought this pretty soon after I got the Elf foundation. I was actually looking for one of the items on my wishlist down there, but I couldn’t find it, and this one was on sale, so I got it. I really like it, it doesn’t have a strong odor that lasts all day (just when putting it on) and it felt pretty light to me. Plus, it’s got some anti-aging properties which I’m always willing to try.
- Ulta Double Duty Foundation – If you watched my last video, you know I only got this because I had to get a certain amount of Ulta brand products in order to get the Ulta palette. Well, I’ve used it a couple times. It’s really, really thick, which I guess makes sense because it’s a primer and a foundation all in one. I think it’s a little hard to put on and spread around, even with a damp BeautyBlender or sponge. Maybe I’m doing it wrong? This is probably the thickest foundation I own right now. I’m not sure if this counts as a cream foundation, but if it does, then I’m good on cream foundations for a while.
And I’ll just quickly list my wishlist for foundations to try, because this list has already gone on long enough:
Wishlist – Drugstore brands
- Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation and Fit Me! Matte and Poreless Foundation
- L’Oréal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation and TrueMatch Super Blendable Foundation
- Revlon Revlon Color stay Foundation for Combo/Oily Skin and ColorStay Whipped Creme Foundation
- Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25hr Foundation with Comfort Serum and Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation
Wishlist – Higher-End brands
- Make Up Forever Ultra HD Foundation and Face and Body Liquid Foundation
- Tarte Water Foundation and Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage Foundation
- Benefit Hello Flawless! Oxygen Wow! Liquid Foundation and Hello Flawless! Powder Foundation
- BareMinerals BareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation
I don’t know which one I want to get next, it’ll depend on how I’m feeling at the time! Which ones on my wishlist have you tried? My coworker recommended the Make Up Forever Ultra HD Foundation to me, she said that should be the next one I should get; do you guys agree?